La Crosse - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

May 25, 2024

La Crosse

A scheduled day off along the Mississippi

Our first scheduled day off was, of course, a perfectly beautiful day for riding.  We had a nice time exploring a bit of La Crosse, a city in western Wisconsin that I don’t think I ever visited.  There’s not many places in the state in that category.  

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We walked from our hotel to a park and boat launch a few blocks away.  Tiara, very excited to be heading out on the river with her uncle, showed me her pink rod and reel.  She didn’t seem the type to sit quietly and wait for the fish to bite, but maybe she was just using up energy before they launched.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Near the boat launch we saw this quite phenomenal treehouse.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Street statues in the downtown area of the city.  The downtown seems to have more bars per block than I’ve ever seen, including one that claimed to offer 400 kinds of beer.

Heart 1 Comment 0

We had dinner at a waterfront restaurant where I had an excellent catfish sandwich.  Sharon, Cindy, and John, three more old friends from previous rides, joined the group, bringing our total to nine. 


Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Jim ConboyNice to see so many familiar faces together.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago