Greenville to Mount Pleasant, Michigan - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

June 5, 2024

Greenville to Mount Pleasant, Michigan

Not Mt.Pleasant, DC

Today’s ride was not a smell the flowers kind of ride.  Rain and possibly thunder storms had been predicted, so some of us had planned get riding early, before the rain was supposed to start.  Well, I woke up at 5:30 to rain and thunder.  We delayed our start until about 9 am, and then rode hard, hoping to get to our destination before the next wave of storms came in.  We rode a very nice trail through the woods for 35 miles, where we saw several deer and lots of rabbits.  When we got off the trail, we had strong tailwinds for 10 miles, then caught the edge of a storm for only about 5 miles.  By the time we got to the hotel, we were dry, but our bikes were very muddy.  The hotel put out a hose and lots of rags, and my bike got the bath it has been needing for several days.

Heart 0 Comment 0

When we heard thunder, we pulled up to this woman’s open garage.  After the storm subsided, we chatted a bit and she offered her bathroom and cold water.  I suspect she liked having a good story to tell her friends.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Five of us rode today, while the others opted for the van.  John G., in the clean white T-shirt, rode out at 5:30 am and rode through the storm we missed, so he arrived way ahead of us and had cleaned up by the time we got in.

Heart 2 Comment 0

The closest restaurant to our hotel was a Japanese hibachi grill, so we had a show with dinner.  Our chef’s name was José!

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 507 miles (816 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0