Frankenmuth to Imlay City - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2024

Frankenmuth to Imlay City

Good ride, bad roads

The weather gods smiled on us once again; we rode in sunshine and pleasant temperatures all day, with clouds gathering just as we arrived at our destination.  Poor John G. rode several miles in a cold rain to get to a Saturday mass which had been canceled.  We are sure he got extra credit for his efforts.

Heart 0 Comment 0

 We frequently keep our bikes in our rooms at night.  Hope discovered that hers fit nicely in the closet last night. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Riding east frequently means riding into the morning sun.  I stood with my back to the sun to take this picture of the shadow behind me. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We found a nice rest stop at the end of a ten mile trail.  It was fun to ride it on a Saturday to see how many people of all ages, sizes, and shapes were out enjoying the weather on a well maintained trail.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We have quite consistently found that the trails in Michigan, which has one of the most extensive trail networks in the country, are better maintained than are the roads.  This road was one of the worst we have ridden.  We were happy to turn on to an unpaved road which was smoother riding than the paved road.

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 647 miles (1,041 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0