Update. - All Roads Lead to Rhine 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 18, 2024

Update.

Our luggage woes took a turn in the right direction last evening.  Our obsessive finger poking and swiping, checking our emails for updates, continued with little success into late afternoon, until Sue excitedly exclaimed, "Our luggage.  We got an email about our luggage."

Apparently, Sue's panniers are due to arrive this morning, which is the best possible news.  We seemed to walk home from our evening stroll through the neighbourhood last night a little lighter, and our spirits were uplifted....which made going to bed a lot more peaceful.  So, that's good.

When airlines lose luggage, the protocol is that they usually deliver it to your hotel within three days. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time as we're headed off to Rudesheim tomorrow, and hanging around Frankfurt for another few days would have a negative ripple affect on all of our upcoming hotel bookings.  So, last night Sue was on the phone with Air Canada to arrange for them to keep the panniers at the airport so that we could go pick them up, just to expediate things. 

Sounds easy, enough.

But, our instincts tell us that retrieving our bags is still going to be a challenge today.  From the information we have, we believe that we have to get back into the restricted baggage carousel area, and we're not sure how easy that is going to be.  And, once inside, will our bags be there?  

Rate this entry's writing Heart 14
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Suzanne GibsonGood luck on finding your bags! Who needs that kind of hassle!?
Reply to this comment
2 months ago