Tomorrow's the day. - All Roads Lead to Rhine 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2024

Tomorrow's the day.

Good to go.

Tomorrow's the day.  We are fortunate to have a direct flight from Vancouver, BC to Frankfurt; a long 10 hour flight.  Our flight leaves at 1pm, which gives us plenty of time in the morning to have a cup of coffee or two, have breakfast, and not rush off first thing in the early morning like we have in the past.   This is a nice way to begin a trip.

Sue and I spent our day in very different ways today.  Sue spent the day working hard from home wrapping up last minute work obligations, and I got out of her hair for awhile and went on a great ride out to Whytecliff Park with my friend Michael.  

The late afternoon was spent fussing back and forth about the usual things.  Do you have this?  What about that? Have you thought about this?  And, the usual 'what if' scenarios.  But, eventually it all comes together in the end.  

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

Regardless, tomorrow will be a long day of travel, and we're expecting the usual knockout punch of jet lag upon our arrival.  When we land, our bodies will tell us it's time for bed, but it will be around 9am in Frankfurt.  

When we arrive, our hotel informed us that we could head straight over from the airport and drop off our bikes and gear.  Check in time is not until 3pm, so  this will give us a few hours of practicing our best zombie walks around Frankfurt.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll find a nice park, pick bench and have a forced afternoon nap before heading back to the hotel for check in.  It wouldn't be the first time.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Scott AndersonA nonstop! We’ve almost never had one of those. Envious.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Rachael AndersonScott’s right. What a perfect flight! I hope all goes well!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Scott AndersonHey Scott. I know. It's our first time with a non-stop! Hopefully, we can sleep through some of it. Really enjoying your journal, as always.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago