Shepte to Beineu 2/3; 06/05 - From Aqtau - CycleBlaze

Shepte to Beineu 2/3; 06/05

We camped across the road from the chaihana, and went back for breakfast. The owner was happy to see us and delighted we ordered the eggs and chicken again. 

As we weee about to leave they asked to have a picture with us, which we were happy to. After a few rounds of photos we said goodbye and took to the road. 

It was immediately pretty hard going with the wind. I don’t remember much about the rest of the cycling, other than it was windy and we made about 50km that day. 

It was about 5:30 pm, when the rain was fairly heavy that we decided to camp by the side of the road, where there was a patch of gravel (to avoid a muddy tent). 

As we I was carrying the panniers to the camp spot, the rain was lashing down and the wind was howling, a car had turned round and stopped for us. The driver asked if we needed help, to which I replied to we were fine. The husband then got out and opened the passenger door, showing a large stack of firewood, and asked if we needed it. I don’t know how to start a fire, nor did I want to attract any unwanted attention, so we declined.

The wind picked up overnight and it felt gail like. I was worried the poles might collapse during the night, they were flexing that much. 

Camp spot precious night
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the morning
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0