Shepte to Beineu 1/3; 05/05 - From Aqtau - CycleBlaze

Shepte to Beineu 1/3; 05/05

Sunday 5th May

Left Shepte, paralleling the railway line. Road long and straight like the previous two days. A bit of a headwind but not too bad.

The campspot that night was about 100 metres off from the road, down a side track. 

It rained pretty heavily. The sandy clay turned to mud in the morning which meant packing up the tent was a real hassle. Mud got clogged up in the mudguards and my shoes too which I had to claw away with my hands. 

There was a chaihana at a mid way point, where we had some dishes. It was 40km to the next chainhana, and we aimed for that as there was no where else to stock up on food. The headwind strengthened and we were going. At about 12-15 kph, which was pretty tough. 

By the time we got to the chaihana I was pretty spent. I was so tired I felt like I’d been wrestling a wild horse all day, and lost. The owner of the chaihana walked up to us and simply shook our hands — I’m not sure if it was as a congratulations or simply because we were foreigners. 

We had (I think) meat sliced from a long sausage shaped tube which I think was chickeb, and three fried eggs, as well as a soup with a huge chunk of meat in it. Not sure what the meat was, possibly horse, but it had a huge layer of fat attached to it, which was just what I needed after such a long day — the broth was delicious. 

On the TV they were playing some military documentary, I’m guessing as Victory Day is this week. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0