Provisions - French Pootle - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2024

Provisions

I took it easy today. There was a washing machine, so I did laundry. A little sketching. Read. Short ride into the next town for food and other supplies. A few other chores, napped. Can’t remember what I did for dinner. Took a little walk before hitting the hay.

Heart 0 Comment 0
My building abutted the church. Got to listen to the hour chiming.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Karen PoretI am jealous! LOVE hearing those bells ❤️
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
A nice day for a short ride.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My neigh-bors.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This didn’t last long. So perfect.
Heart 3 Comment 0
When you’ve got a washer in the apartment, you use it.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Photo in the apartment of the building long ago.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Photo of the building today. Does it look like the street level has risen and the opening under the building is shorter?
Heart 2 Comment 2
Suzanne GibsonDefinitely! The road has probably been repaved a couple of times.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Kathleen JonesTo Suzanne GibsonI think you’re right. The cobblestones are probably several layers down.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
My host and partner live upstairs.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were a few salvaged, if not original, pieces in the apartment, including this column.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Close-up of the old column and the graffiti scored into it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
For Ken Graham: Miss November 2023. This was in the barn where Red was kept.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The chateau ruin above Kintzheim. Wikipedia says Charlemagne slept here. That guy got around.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 5 km (3 miles)
Total: 456 km (283 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Rachael AndersonI got way behind on your journal but it sounds like your trip is going great and you’re getting lots of great photos!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Kathleen JonesI’m even behinder than you! I’m home almost 3 weeks already.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Annette SchneiderTo Hi Kathleen... I've thoroughly enjoyed following along, even if I gave up cycling years ago. I lived in Half Moon Bay 1972-74, and worked in San Mateo. It was always such a relief to come over the hill at day's end and see that fog bank. I was on Willow Ave., where my duplex butted up against a farmer's artichoke fields. Beach access was free and the surf was audible at night. Now I see that those fields have been replaced by homes, clear out to the beach.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Kathleen JonesTo Annette SchneiderOh jeez what a great time to have lived out here. If only ….

We moved out here just a few years ago from over the hill. The foundations of the time you lived here, though, are still around - farm, fish, and surf is the name of the game.

Thanks for following along.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago