Always a Travel Day - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

Always a Travel Day

Only 2 to go
Heart 2 Comment 0

Up at 3:45 for a short indoor ride before leaving. Got to keep that unbroken string of rides going. 

We arrived at the Fairbanks International airport at 5:55, check-in took about 15 mins, security about 20 mins. more. Really enjoy our small airport. 

Boxed and ready for check-in at Fairbanks International … really do appreciate our small 1 terminal, 4 gate, 1 security line airport. Curb to boarding in under 45 minutes
Heart 1 Comment 0
Descending fish net still hasn’t caught anyone
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our first leg to Seattle we ended up with row to ourselves as window passenger moved forward to exit row. Sitting seats 18D/E. Exit rows are 16/17, definitely more leg room perhaps in the future. We had a short delay due to a “minor safety” problem and the crew had to coordinate with Seattle for fix. Easy flight, normal few bumps, watched part of Avatar Waterworld movie then arrived at the N terminal and will depart 3 gates down which means no train, yeah. 

The N Terminal was quite crowded, much more so than last flight as we arrived around 12:00. Limited food options and in terminal music is still a thing. 

Bikes and bags all arrived undamaged … time to find the rental
Heart 1 Comment 0

The flight to Minneapolis seemed long to me although it was shorter than our first leg. Maybe it was simply too much flying earlier in life. But Minneapolis soon arrived, all of our boxes and bags also arrived and we soon had a rental van secured although the “offered” van had “dead battery” written on the windshield. Attendant didn’t seem to bothered by any of it. Then drove north about 20 miles to setup our ride for tomorrow. Hopefully we will string together two trail systems and get to cross the Mississippi River again. 


Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0