Over the bridge - To the west coast… and back!!! - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2024

Over the bridge

There are some shelters within a few kilometres of our house that we had never stayed in before, so the very next day we decided to cycle out there to sleep. Along the way we stopped to visit Marie and Anna. The weather was really cold, someone said the coldest June day in Denmark on record, although I can’t vouch for that. The forecasted rain showers stayed away though, at least for now. Marie said they were considering cancelling their own cycle trip on the west coast at the weekend because there was so much bad weather forecast.

Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

From there we cycled over the Little Belt Bridge to Fyn. From the bridge we could already see down to the forest and the area where we would be sleeping. But first we visited a fun playground before making our way to the shelters.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
This is fun!
Heart 4 Comment 0

The shelters were right down by the water in a really idyllic setting. There were two young women in one of them and they had made a campfire, so I was a bit concerned about our shelter filling with smoke when Kevin went to bed but it wasn’t a problem. Everything else about the area was perfect. Kevin loved playing on the beach, just looking up every so often to see a train passing over the big bridge.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Of course he insisted on paying a visit to the car park too
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0

It was a lovely evening hanging out on the beach, walking a bit around the area, and just being together as a family in nature. We even saw porpoises out in the water not far from us. Dea and I remarked about how amazing it was that we had this so close to our front door. We really didn’t need to go to the west coast to have a great outdoor experience.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0

Today's ride: 9 km (6 miles)
Total: 130 km (81 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0