Off to Porto to meet ship - 🇮🇹 Cycle Cruise Cycle 🇵🇹 - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2024

Off to Porto to meet ship

We left Lisbon this morning for Porto.  It was only about 3 hours away but we took the best part of the day stopping in Obidos and Navaré.  Some of this was to delay our arrival so the ship was ready but also to let us see some areas of Portugal.  I know that we stay in Obidos on our bike trip and I am quite certain that we will ride through Navaré.  I have photos of both places and will take about them there.  We are now on the boat in Porto.  Porto is another very hilly place but it looks amazing so I can’t wait to explore when we get back.  The ship leaves at 0530 tomorrow for an entire day of cruising.  As for the ship itself it is very comfortable and this evenings meal was excellent.  There are only 95 passengers mostly Americans, Brits, Aussies and Canadians with a smattering of others.

Sardines are a big things here, this is a variety of flavoured sardines.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A selection of canned fish and seafood purchase by Hilary. There is smoked trout and oysters plus octopus and swordfish, no thanks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An old chapel in Obidos that is now a book store.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Inside.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the streets of Obidos.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The 3 amigos sitting on the rampart steps.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Some of the castle and ramparts.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The 3 amigos again but we actually got Christoper to smile.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Another view of the town.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More tiling in the entrance way to the walled village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A 16th century aqueduct.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The fortress.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The beach at Navaré. Navaré is still a finishing village but it is also a major beach town now,
Heart 2 Comment 0
Upper and lower Navaré connected by a funicular
Heart 2 Comment 0
A view of a monastery on the top of a hill in Porto that is now a 5* hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At night.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Duoro River with an old style boat sailing by. The buildings across the river are wine warehouses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My souvenir of a classic fisherman’s shirt. They had of wearing shirts made of a “tartan” distinctive to their family. There are no pockets in the shirt because if the sailor fell overboard they would trap water and make it harder to swim. Same with their pants.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0