Even an easier day - 🇮🇹 Cycle Cruise Cycle 🇵🇹 - CycleBlaze

May 25, 2024

Even an easier day

Fortunately today’s ride was even a little easier than yesterday because my legs are tired and we have a big day tomorrow, my last.  We rode 63km with 1629’ of climbing, a little less than advertised because again rain was forecast for the afternoon.  We started in the Lombardy region but crossed into the Brescia region. This time we weren’t quite so lucky with the weather, we rode the last 6km in a light thunderstorm.  We would have made it but we stopped for gelato in Desenzano del Garda for gelato.  Frankly I think it was a fair trade.  The roads are busy here especially since today is Saturday and with the rain and the crazy Italian drivers the last 6km were even more harrowing than normal.  We had one Porsche pass us that must have missed an oncoming car by inches.  I don’t want to even think what would have happened to us if they had collided.

We passed through several lovely little villages and even road a section  of road that was used for the Giro time trial leg that was held in this region, albeit in the other direction.  Our coffee stop was in Castiglione Della Stiviere the start for the time trial and our gelato was in Desenzano del Garda the finish of the time trial.

Tomorrow will be my last ride since I want to visit another town next to here before I go.

The planned route for today, it was shortened by 7km due to weather.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Snacks prepared for the riders every morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A monument to those who fought and won the war of independence in 1848. It is also a tomb for many unknown soldiers.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Me with Alberto our guide and co-owner of the business. I called him my Italian stallion.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Our pastry and coffee stop in Castiglione delle Stiviere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The pastry cabinet
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonOMG, be still my heart. Christopher would be over the moon here.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
The duomo in Castiglione delle Stiviere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful Desenzano del Garda j
Heart 0 Comment 0
Again
Heart 0 Comment 0
The gelato choices, I had sea salt caramel.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonI am sure I could find something here that I might enjoy. 😊
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
The finish line for a stage of the Giro.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Desenzano del Garda again.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonNow that is just downright beautiful and definitely frameable.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago

Today's ride: 63 km (39 miles)
Total: 507 km (315 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0