Weather - Biking the Divide - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2024

Weather

Two more days and I fly out and this what I Just saw on one of the sites that I’m following. Hoping it’s dos not go up into Canada as Wednesday is my planed departure day. Time will tell. 

Confidence is increasing for a low pressure system to bring widespread precipitation across the Northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.  Winter storm watches have been posted along the Continental Divide, where hazardous conditions are possible in the backcountry as unpaved roadways may become impassable.  Heavy wet snow may cause power outages as snow loads onto trees and vegetation. A wide range of uncertainty exists within the snow level and snow amount forecast, which will strongly depend on the exact track of the low and heaviest area of precipitation. Nonetheless, those heading into the backcountry above 5,500 feet should be prepared for difficult, winter-like conditions, and may want to consider alternative plans.  

Widespread precipitation will also lead to notable rises in streams and creeks.  Areas of standing water in poor drainage areas may occur, in addition to rock and/or debris on roadways from steep nearby slopes.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Bonnie AlexanderBonnie’s word of advice “don’t go that way” 😂
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Edward GriecoPack a raft just in case Gary, 🚣‍♀️
Reply to this comment
4 months ago