Thinking Ahead - Californians go to Big Sky Country - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2024

Thinking Ahead

There’s always a bazillion things to do in preparation for a cycling tour—from tuning up the bikes to packing. I have a comprehensive packing list that I created a few years ago that I turn to and modify as needed, depending on the type of tour.

We don’t camp anymore, sticking to indoor accommodations, so at least we don’t have to consider the extra weight and hassle of camping equipment or carrying our food. That said, this year we have the truck. Our Kūatt bike rack holds two bikes, but there may be a situation when we’ll need to be able to carry all 4 bikes (such as, it’s raining frogs and kittens and none of us want to ride).

So Rich and I headed over to Jim and Gen’s for a test run. Success!

Gotta protect the finish on the bikes and the truck, right?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Testing the arms.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hey, look at that! Bikes fit and there’s plenty of room for the luggage in the bed. Now we just have to determine the best way to tie everything to keep the bikes stable.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rich, Gen, and Jim. (My bike will go on the rack on the outside—figured it was unnecessary to include for the test)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0