Klamath Falls OR to Whitefish, MT - Californians go to Big Sky Country - CycleBlaze

June 11, 2024 to June 12, 2024

Klamath Falls OR to Whitefish, MT

We’ve spent the last two days traveling from Klamath Falls to Whitefish, Montana. The drive has been mostly non-eventful, and I suppose that’s a good thing.

Rather than write a lot about it, I thought I’d let the pictures we took speak for the journey, so this entry is more of a photo gallery. Enjoy!

Our route.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Klamath Falls to Kennewick

Leaving Klamath Falls, traveling north on Hwy 97 — Upper Klamath Lake with a view of Mt. McLoughlin in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mt McLoughlin. At the time, I thought it was Mt. Hood, but we were still too far south for that.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hours of straight flat road with sparse pines on all sides.
Heart 0 Comment 0

It seemed like most of the terrain from Klamath Falls to Kennewick was pretty flat and/or rolling.

Near Madras. High desert as far as the eye can see.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Driving along the Columbia River, the wind was battering the truck so hard, at one point I thought the hood was going to come unlatched and fly back into the windshield. But it held firm, thankfully. 

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get any good pictures of the Columbia from the car, and there weren’t any convenient places to pull over. Earlier, we had passed these huge windmill farms, hundreds of acres of windmills. Again, the pictures just didn’t turn out.

In Kennewick—HellFired Pizza. Interesting idea to make it look like the building is falling down. The pizza was okay, but the service was both bad and slow. Not recommended.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kennewick to Whitefish

At a rest stop across from Sprague Lake Resort
Heart 0 Comment 0
Still at the rest stop — wave, Rich!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. A glimpse of the lake as we’re speeding past. We did a tour here a few years back along the trails. Fond memories. And gorgeous this time of year.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crossing Little Bitterroot River in Lonepine, MT.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting rock formations in Niarada.
Heart 0 Comment 0
First view of Flathead Lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jalisco restaurant in Whitefish. A bit on the pricy side, but awesome food, service, and ambience.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Time to get some sleep. We will be meeting Jim and Genny early tomorrow morning at the train station, and our tour will truly begin.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0