Getting there: Gauting - Friedrichshafen - Boy Oh Boy, Allgäu! - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2024

Getting there: Gauting - Friedrichshafen

The summer has passed so quickly, the months between the planning of the tour and the begin have melted and it is now September. As I write this I am just hanging around at home so as not to be too early for check-in. Janos will drive me to the start of the tour in Friedrichshafen and then return to Gauting, simpler than even a relatively straight forward train ride. Later in the week he will fly to Warsaw to meet two old school friends, old as in long time friends and old as in just plain old. They graduated 68 years ago, not too many left from the class of 1956.

I'm looking forward to a change of scenery although it is nice where we are, too. This is in the forest very close to home.
Heart 4 Comment 1
Patrick O'HaraI was hoping you'd post a photo of your home trails. I tried to peek on Google Street view, but as you know, Germany is very strict on regulating Street view. Looks amazing.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

Now in Friedrichshafen 

The two-hour drive was easy, just prolonged a bit by a stop at Mediamarkt, an electronics store, to buy an SD card reader, necessary for transfering photos from my camera to my tablet. I forgot mine at home. What would a journal be without pictures! I hate to have to buy something that I already have at home,  but I had no choice. 

After a more tiring trip fromParis involving trains and a boat ride across Lake Constance, Susan arrived at our hotel at four. Great to be together again. After resting and getting cleaned up, we had a nice dinner together with a view to the harbor. 

Nice meal at the Kommodore with view to the lake.
Heart 10 Comment 5
Steve Miller/GrampiesLooking good, you three!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Patrick O'HaraAwesome. Have fun gals...and Janos, have fun with your old buddies!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Karen PoretGreat photo! Have fun!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Kathleen JonesThe usual suspects convene again.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Rachael AndersonGreat to see you all together again. I wish we were there!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

The weather was a bit warm and muggy today. It will be much nicer on a bike with a refreshing breeze. Tomorrow we're off.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Patrick O'HaraLooking forward to following along.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Nancy GrahamI’m ready, let’s go ;’-).
Reply to this comment
1 month ago