October 22, 2024 - YTS and away - Emerita Augusta to Madrid (Tour 26) - 2024 🇪🇸 - CycleBlaze

October 22, 2024

October 22, 2024 - YTS and away

AC8434 yts to yyz & AC824 yyz to mad

Flight yts to yyz to...

Currently from Pearson T1 Maple Leaf Lounge awaiting a plane that will be tired once we get onto it. The listed boarding gate keeps changing so I can only imagine that the plane keeps jiggling and joggling around. Or, maybe not.

Two travelers finally en route after months of building anticipation. -- Cochrane, ON
Heart 0 Comment 0
The guardians of the household protecting from anything that doesn't come around. -- Cochrane, ON
Heart 0 Comment 0

As per usual, expecting a quiet and non-nervous morning before travel is just not in the cards for me. Mom and Dad came to get us at 1 pm and MA and the Bengals (kind of sounds like the name for a band) saw us off. It's going to be quiet around the house for a wee while now.

Upon arrival to the Timmins YTS airport, I expected to quickly pass through security - well, that is not quite exactly how it happened. Though the security person was very pleasant and gracious, he had us completely remove the bikes from their boxes so he could pass thr Dahon through the machine that goes 'ping' and to manually check the Cannondale. The other passengers in line were annoyed with the delay - they wanted to hurry through security so they could sit in the chairs for two hours to wait for the plane. (Intentional sarcasm.) 

Of course, now I had to repack the bikes. For some unknown reason, when I initially packed the bikes I had secured everything together as one unit so it was pretty straightforward to get them packed up again. My only error was that when I wrapped the boxes in their plastic wrap, I had bought a shorter length than I thought. Drat you, shrinkflation.

The bikes were handed over to the Air Canada staff which also took a bit of time since there were two new staff being trained. There was oodles of time so not an issue other than, again, those behind anxious to sit down in a chair and wait.

Chatting away made the time go quickly, tailwinds made the flight shorter than expected, and no line at the Maple Leaf Lounge ensured we were quickly into our seats enjoying a delicious hot meal and a chat or two with adjacent travelers.

We're both pretty excited for the upcoming weeks in Spain. I have been cramming Spanish on Duolingo and am an expert at letting everyone know that 'Juan eats apples'. I am brimming with knowledge and ready to fly!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0