Burgos - Spain, a Paleolithic Twist - CycleBlaze

August 31, 2024

Burgos

Evolution

Breakfast at the hotel. Yes, they had Nutella and a great bread selection.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Jane FletcherGlad to hear that the bread was good!!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

The Museum of Human Evolution is an outstanding and engaging learning environment. Within the huge glass box that houses the museum smaller built environments were created to capture the essence of what is on display. Several white boxes hold artifacts in a darkened environment. A silver sphere makes a surround movie theater. Interactive computer programs engage the viewer. Creative displays and their arrangements flow through each floor. The following images just barely touch the surface of what the museum has to offer.

Tomorrow we start riding. 

Museum of Human Evolution.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Exterior of Museum. Beautiful airy glass building.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bronze skull sculpture in front of museum.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Time period chart for development of humans. Inside this white box artifacts are on display in a darkened modern environment.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This tube like display holds a Model of a Neanderthal. One of many models representing the developed of the earliest human forms to Homo sapiens .
Heart 1 Comment 0
Skull of Neanderthal. Just one of many on display. Each with information on where and when found, size, time period etc.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Comparison of Neanderthal and Homo sapiens
Heart 1 Comment 0
Little art works from Neanderthals
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bear
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cutting tool.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ladle or spoon
Heart 0 Comment 0
Diego who repaired the brake lever on my rental bike. We took a break in the middle of our museum visit to get the repair.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Jane FletcherLooks like the bike shops there have other things not just bikes and repairs. That’s nice in case you need something, more like here than what we have seen in some places.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Info on tools.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Really cool facial recognition software that turned you into a pre homo sapien of your choice.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Paintings of early animals around one of the built spaces in the museum.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Remnants of early flute like instruments.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More mobile Neanderthal art. Silver sphere seen through the glass is a 360 degree surround movie space a small group can stand in. Theme Fire, from lightening to rocks to the sun.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An example of cave painting exhibit. There were a total of four hanging rough fiberglass molded panels. Projected onto the panels were examples of cave and prehistoric art from different continents. One panel demonstrated and explained how the artworks were likely made.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0