GDMBR - Biking the Divide - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2024

GDMBR

I’m 78 and in about 2 weeks I will be doing the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route. It starts in Banff Canada and goes to Antelope Wells NM on the Mexican border. It is 2700 miles long with an elevation gain and decent of a 148,000 ft. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 9
Jack AlexGive it your best Jack
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Bonnie AlexanderSo excited for you and can’t wait to follow along on your adventures! ❤️
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Mike AylingLook forward to your journal.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Joe GaliotoI am so excited for you Gary! I'm looking forward to following your progress - and hoping you love it so much that you want to do it again next year so I can join you. :)
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Beth GoodloeEnjoy every minute of it. Even the crap that comes along with a journey like this. Take as many photos as you can. While this is not necessarily a new event as you done long distance rides, the scenery along this route is going to be stunning.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Edward GriecoGary enjoy your ride, be safe out there. Hopefully you meet up with a few other riders on your journey.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Michele MartinGood luck with this huge adventure, Uncle Gary. I'm really impressed that you're even thinking about biking the 2,700 mile great divide mountain bike route. Stay safe. Please share lots of photos.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Jack AlexType your comment here
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Kelly IniguezIt was a pleasure to meet you, Gary.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago