Tully - The fifteenth step ... Four months in Australia - CycleBlaze

June 22, 2024 to June 23, 2024

Tully

Saturday the 22nd of June 2024

An easy forty kilometers today, only twenty eight of which were on the Bruce.  There seem to be more opportunities to get off the highway as we have moved further north. 

Tully is a sugar town, surrounded by fields of sugarcane and dominated by its its sugar mill.

The mill isn't a pretty sight.
Heart 1 Comment 0
However, Tully is the home of the Giant Golden Gumboot, complete with a Giant White-lipped Tree Frog.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Our main reason for stopping in Tully is its budget motel where we have a room for the night so we can watch some rugby matches.  The room is OK but unfortunately  the internet access is next to useless.  We're going to have to use up a big chunk of our mobile data so it hasn't turned out to be a budget motel at all.

Sunday the 23rd of June 2024

We're knackered today after staying awake for last night's rugby.  Won one (Springboks had an easy win over Wales) and lost one (Glasgow Warriors played out of their skins to beat the Bulls).  So we're not moving far from the motel.  Just a kilometer up the road to the caravan park. 

We're heading up into the Tully Gorge National Park tomorrow.   Rain has been forecast for the whole week.   Let's hope they got the forecast wrong.  At least we will be mostly off the Bruce for the next few days.

Today's ride: 46 km (29 miles)
Total: 4,412 km (2,740 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0