Proserpine - The fifteenth step ... Four months in Australia - CycleBlaze

May 31, 2024

Proserpine

Heavy dew this morning.   In the end we packed up a wet tent.  I suspect we will have a lot of the same as we travel towards Cairns. 

Everything became decidedly tropical once we got to Mackay.   Humid, an almost constant wind and lots of intermittent showers.  However today has been completely rain free.

Today’s ride was no physical challenge but the traffic on the Bruce Highway was sometimes really heavy.   We mostly had a good to OK shoulder with only a few kilometers where it broke up and disappeared at times.   We managed to escape onto a side road for about six kilometers but for the rest of the day it was a case of grinning and bearing it.

The unpowered section of the Proserpine campground is nicely treed but we chose an exposed section so we could dry the tent and our laundry from yesterday.   Being exposed means we will have lots of dew again.   We're heading off to Proserpine Lake, just twenty five kilometers away, tomorrow so we don't have to leave early so hopefully the tent can dry.

Today's ride: 78 km (48 miles)
Total: 3,671 km (2,280 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0