Anyone else not being directed to comments on the blog page? - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Anyone else not being directed to comments on the blog page?

Steve Miller/Grampies

We have been experiencing difficulty in recent days with comments. In the first instance we get an email notification of a new comment which shows the text of the comment, but when we click on go to journal we are randomly placed on the page which makes it very hard to know what the comment is referencing, and even harder to reply to it. In  the second case we get an email notification but no text is shown. We are still placed in a random page location.  Is it just us? Or is anyone else having this difficulty?

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Kathleen JonesTo Steve Miller/Grampies

Going back to a photo just misses the mark for me. I’ve just scrolled up a photo or two. I haven’t had trouble with comments at the end of a post.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Jeff ArnimTo Steve Miller/Grampies

This behavior has been around in some form forever, but is more pronounced on pages with a large number of images and when viewing pages on a slower connection. It's an issue of height. When you load the page to view a comment, your browser window moves down the page to the location of the image associated with the comment. But most or all of the images above it haven't loaded at this point, and as they do, they add to the height of the page within the browser window, which shifts your original landing point farther and farther down.

I have a fix in mind, but it requires major changes to how linked images and comments are handled, so I don't yet have an ETA for when it'll be released.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago