Week 58: To Kashipur: sick and tired of the honking - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

May 4, 2016

Week 58: To Kashipur: sick and tired of the honking

As far as the road and traffic not much changed from yesterday. Our goal now is just to get down the road and to Rishikesh. The construction of a four lane road continues with the destruction of towns that are in the way. We see two over-turned trucks and are surprised there aren't more.

Today is a short distance and we were in Kashipur before noon. Patrick had booked a room at Hotel Sunshine because reviews rated 4 of 5. We are not impressed to receive a rate that high. The guy at reception was friendly enough, the room very small, air conditioning until power outage, TV with no English channels and cold shower. Good enough but not great.

Lunch at upscale hotel within walking distance, very good and repeat of yesterday's order of chilly chicken, egg fried rice and sweet and sour vegetables. We bought bananas at fruit stall on the way back to hotel, also stopped at a bakery for ice cream for dessert and cookies for tomorrow. That is what's nice about India... Good sweets and ice cream.

We see quite a few wrecks on the way out of Rudrapur. Here is one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And another one. Notice the guy asleep on top of the truck, all bundled up in his blankets.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Portrait #1
Heart 0 Comment 0
Portrait #2
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bamboo ladders.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A pair of eagles are doing aerial acrobatics.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Portrait #3
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 16,710 km (10,377 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0