Day 27 - Treat Street, the Final Hoorah - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

March 4, 2024

Day 27 - Treat Street, the Final Hoorah

We knew this day would come despite our wishing it was still a long ways away.  But today we took off on our last ride for this portion of our travels and cycling.

We opted for the Treat Street East Loop which basically has you doing the loop but cutting down Treat Street rather than fully completing the loop.  It isn’t half of the loop from this direction with 44 miles but it makes a wonderful alternative to mix things up a bit.

One last time down the Harrison Greenway …
Heart 3 Comment 0
… with the mountains in open, blue skies
Heart 0 Comment 0

After a quick bathroom break, a few more desert plants posed long enough to get their photos.  We will miss seeing things like this.

Tequila Agave
Heart 2 Comment 0
Prickly Pear … Beaver Tail
Heart 1 Comment 0

And just when you think you’ve seen everything along the loop, we found this lady with her horse.  We were completely surprised when the horse didn’t flinch or even lift its head as we gave both a lot of room when we passed.  Very unusual horse as you generally stop completely when horses are around.

Our horses would have never tolerated 4 recumbents trikes with flags passing them. This horse barely looked up.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Finally, ride done, the packing began.  Fortunately the packing goes quite quickly these days having done this enough times.  Each trike fit nicely and I decided to forgo the cleaning until we get home to pass a few of the winter hours that are yet to come our way. 

Next stop …. Fairbanks after a flight to Seattle, a wait in Seattle, and a flight back to the Land of the Midnight Sun.

Final ride done … sadly packed the trikes for a future adventure
Heart 0 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezThat's a perfect fit - did you know which vehicle to request at the rental agency? We shall see you next year!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Larry MitchellWe have learned over the many trips that renting a van is the only way to go as long as the back seat folds down and hopefully the mid seats as well. We were fortunate this trip is that we could store the boxes and mid seats with our friends which made transporting the fully assembled trikes very easy.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
The final ride map of the Tucson area … I think we did a pretty good job although a few spots will need some future coverage.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 1,994 miles (3,209 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Karen PoretThank you for your journal of this trip! Safe travels back home..
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Larry MitchellTo Karen PoretThanks for following along.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago