Day 067 - Houghton to Ontonagon - Two Far 2023 - Oranges to Apples - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2023

Day 067 - Houghton to Ontonagon

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today was basically a "Getting from Point A to Point B" day.  There were no attractions to visit and the scenery for the most part was uninspiring.  However, the weather was great because it was WARM!  

I spent the entire ride on MI-26 which, after getting out of Houghton, had little traffic and a fair shoulder.  This part of Michigan is, however, hilly.  I started the day with a six -mile climb and the hills just kept coming - nothing serious or very steep, just incessant.  It seemed like I was either doing 6-7 MPH or 20+ all day long, but it kept things from getting boring.

Flowers for the day. I had lots of time to admire all the roadside flora during the climbs.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltOrange ones are orange hawkweed.

https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/711103-Pilosella-aurantiaca

White are, of course daisies.

https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/56057-Leucanthemum-vulgare
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Keith A. SpanglerTime to smell the roses…..
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltBirdsfoot trefoil.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lotus_corniculatus
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Loading timber mats. According to the truck driver, they will be used to make a roadway for a nearby powerline project.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Someone was having a bad day when they named this bay :-)
Heart 1 Comment 0
I passed a few miles of barrels, but no signs of any construction activity. This was one of the nicer vistas I had today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nothing exceptional about this farm, except it is the first farm I have seen in a week.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow will take us to Wakefield.

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 3,109 miles (5,003 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0